Local Women Business Owners Honored at Upcoming Ceremony
SACRAMENTO, CA – The Sacramento Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) is pleased to announce its 27th Annual Outstanding Women Leaders (OWL) Awards Gala Awardees. The event was held at Arden Hills Resort on March 24, 2023 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Returning emcee and KFBK news anchor Kitty O’Neal returned for her 26th time as host. This year’s theme, “A Night at the OSCARS”, featured red-carpet interviews by Kellie DeMarco and a live auction from Freddie Silveria.
The OWL Gala is NAWBO Sacramento Valley Chapter’s signature event and has become an annual tradition in and around the region. The event honors the top achievers and leaders among women entrepreneurs, along with corporate, government and community leaders who have advanced the status of women in our region.
“NAWBO’s OWL event is a special celebration and recognition of so many amazing women doing important work in our region. What truly makes this evening so special is so many diverse groups, organizations and supporters coming together in one united voice,“ said NAWBO President Liliana Bernal.
- Achievement Against All Odds Award: A woman who achieves success despite unfavorable circumstances
- Executive Woman Award: A senior level corporate woman leading the way for others
- Vision Award: A woman who leads an organization whose vision provides meaningful opportunities for women
- Wise Woman Award: Also known as the “Business Woman of the Year Award,” is for a woman who exemplifies all aspects of success as a woman business
- Woman Innovator Award: A successful woman business owner in a non- traditional or exceptionally innovative business
- Woman on the Way Award: An up and coming woman business owner, who has less than 5-years in business
The winners are as follows:
- Dinorah Galicia Klingler, Owner, Dinorah Entertainment
Achievement Against All Odds Award
- Kari Stout-Smith, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer at Cache Creek Casino Resort
Executive Woman Award
- Melissa A. Washington, CEO and Founder, Women Veterans Alliance
- Annette Wimmer, Owner, Blue Sky Enterprises, Inc
Wise Woman Award
- Jill Osur, President and CEO, Teneral Cellars, Inc
Woman Innovator Award
- Jennifer Saha, CEO, Golden Bridge Strategies, LLC,
Woman on the Way Award